Professional photographers spend days and months to make the best cover images for world famous magazines. Challenge:Future doesn’t. Why? Because, we have YOUth! This year, Challenge:Future will launch the very first C:F Magazine. And that’s where your talent comes along - your best photo will be chosen as a cover image for this global youth magazine!
How does your life look like? If you were to show your life now to the entire world, how would you picture it? Frame in a photo what it means to be part of the Y generation today and post your view!
The CHALLENGE for YOU!
Are you enthusiastic about taking photos? This is your chance for a more professional engagement. Take your camera and put your life as the main focus of it. Steal a moment of how you, our C:F youth, is living. No effects, no editing, just your real life, as it is. Cheerful, resentful, happy, moody, descouraged or optimistic? Observe the world around you and find your inspiration amongst the faces of your friends, college peers, family or neighbors. Capture the Y-generation of 2012 in a single shot!
All C:F members can participate in the challenge. No student status is required. No age limit.
• Submissions: 5 November – 26 November, 2012
• Voting: 19 November – 26 November, 2012
• Judging: 27 November – 29 November, 2012
• Winners announced: 30 November, 2012
JUDGING and EVALUATION CRITERIA
1. C:F community will vote for your photo with “thumbs up” from 19 November to 26 November.
2. Judges will select the Winner among the top 5 entries with most votes and top 5 ideas chosen by Youth Judges.
Judges will be looking for:
• The story of youth today – Best images, evoke an emotional response from the viewer. Make sure that your image reveals a story at first glance, and it is self-contained.
• Originality – „Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.”
• Creativity – Go beyond predictable techniques and treatments
• Fun & Meaning – A dose of both adds to the right mix.
• Your submission should be a picture.
• It has to be your own ORIGINAL photo. Nothing stolen from the internet.
• Your life is full of people. Get them in the picture!
• The winner of the „Capture YOUth” competition will have his photo on the cover of the first global youth C:F Magazine. Winner’s name will be written in the magazines impressum as the author of the photo and.. he/she will be famous!
• The winner will receive a hard copy of "The Time of Youth" by Alcinda M. Honwana
• Top 3 photos will receive C:F magazine copy by post.