The world is going to face an enormous gap between the supply and demand of fresh water by 2030. More than 40% of people will not have access to clean water. More than 40% of world’s agricultural land is seriously degraded. Add to this the rapid decline of natural resources and the extreme effects of global warming, an expected increase of up to 5°C within this century, while the human civilization is on the way to reach ten billion. We’re on the edge, the point of no return. We need to take immediate action, act now and change the course!
How? Listen to this! Let’s put together 10 actions that each member of our C:F community will implement. Let’s think of simple actions, let’s help make a change and come with a version of how we can make the most meaningful positive impact. Your action might become one of the chosen 10 C:F Commitments - shared with everyone who gets the next edition of the Future Book. It will not only be your action, but the action of more than 24.000 members worldwide! Go for it!
1. Make the positive impact! What is the action that all C:F community should do in order to make a change and avoid disaster? Planting trees, collecting paper, cleaning nearby woods, recycling plastic bottles, saving water or electricity? Which is your way? What should we all do to make the biggest positive impact possible?
2. Put together a 3 slides presentation:
Slide 1 – Proposed action/commitment – Description, what’s it about and why you are doing it.
Slide 2 - Photo showing your action.
Slide 3 – What will be achieved by your action (people involved, time spent, outcome) and how everybody could do it?
Based on your proposals, Judges will select 10 most impact-oriented commitments that will be enlisted on the first page of the second edition of The Future Book. Any reader will be able to tick which commitments he/she will apply in his/her daily lives!
Tip 1: You can make an impact alone or create a team, involve your school, local community or collaborate with other C:F fans. Sky is the limit.
Tip 2: Need some inspiration? Take a look at C:F TOWs: TOW#1: Eco Font, TOW#2: Fighting the power vampires, TOW#3: Lila says flush less!, TOW#6: Lila says toothbrushing is bad!, TOW#9: Upcycle, the treasure in your trash, TOW#15: Plastic or paper?, TOW#21: Keep the water for future!
To apply, please click on "Post Idea". (top right corner)
• Fourth and Fifth place will receive the second edition of The Future Book!
29 May to 10 July – Application period
1 July to 10 July – Voting Period
11 July to 16 July – Judging period
17 July – Winners announced
1.C:F community will vote for your submission with “thumbs up” from 1 July-10 July 2012 – and will be able to post comments.
2. Judges and community will select 10 Finalists, top 5 by community votes and 5 chosen by the Judges.
3.The Judging Panel will select 1st-5th place among the 10 Finalists. The Judges will be particularly looking for the following:
• Quality of action/commitment – What is your impact? Be creative.
• Impact made: Outcome of your actions, people involved, time spent.
• Future Impact: How every C:F member could do it?
All applicants need to be registered on C:F platform in order to apply. Student status is not required. There is no age limit for participation in this challenge.
Re-submission of photos and stories is possible until the end of Application period (10 July 2012). Contact us via Helpdesk.